Saturday, August 13, 2005

novelling


I "jumped in" today and now I feel like I'm "out of the woods"! Week two supposedly is the hardest of the 4 week trek to 50,000 words. I'm almost through; only one day left.

Current Word Count: 22,146

...

Yesterday, Braden, Rafael, Lemon, Luke (more on him later) and I went to see the United States or should I say a United States basketball team participate in a round robin with Brazil, Argentina and Canada. The US team was awful even though they eventually won the game versus Argentina. Brazil was pretty fun to watch in the 3rd quarter, but other than that it was just sloppy basketball.

Luke is a student from Tennessee Tech visiting for several days. He's about to graduate and is considering going overseas someday as a missionary.

Kent, our director, went today to see the US play Brazil (lost by 10) and experienced the highlight of the tournament. He got his picture taken with Dennis Johnson! Many of you may remember him from the Larry Bird days of the Celtics.

No comments: