Wednesday, August 24, 2005

6 and counting

Tonight I crossed over the 40,000 word mark. In just 6 short days my novel will be "finished". Lots of people have been asking about what "finished" means. It means that the story will be complete. But I won't have done any editing or filling in after the 30 days are up. So, I plan to only let the most loving friends and family read it for now.

...

Last night was a rough one for me. I watched almost every hour pass on the clock: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... I have been fighting a cold lately and last night my nose wouldn't stop "leaking" and it brought on a serious headache. Today I've been okay but I'm hoping that I'm not in for another night like last night. It seems like when I lay down it gets a lot worse.

...

Sunday I preached about the life of Paul at church. I talked about Paul's life before his conversion. I tried to mostly set the context by sharing about Paul's upbringing (what growing up in a Pharisee family was like) and then I told the story of the stoning of Stephen. I felt like the major lesson for us was are we testing our "religion". Paul was in the right place, among God's chosen people, but he didn't recognize the Messiah.

No comments: