Monday, April 03, 2006

"uneventful" in a good way

Our trip down to Campinas this time was uneventful, at least in the car department... no flat tires, no overheated engines (we did get Demps' car back in one piece). Chip Crooms, who will lead the team this summer*, liked the campus and thought it presented some great opportunities. Any place that serves 6,000 lunches a day to students under one roof is usually a good place for campus ministry.

We visited a few houses and "suites" (basically a hotel room in a house) to see what housing opportunities there are. I will go back down to try and secure something on the 17th of April.

A few prayer requests in the meantime: pray for Amy's trip to visit her sister, she leaves on Monday; pray for our church retreat Easter weekend; pray for my time with two small groups I meet with, that we could prepare for the busy summer and our time apart; and pray for the preparations for the short-term team in Campinas at the campus of Unicamp.

*I say summer here even though it will be our winter. And I realize that winter in Brazil is still summer for many that visit us from colder climates. 45º is the coldest I've ever experienced here... and that's cold when there's no heat in your home.

1 comment:

Otto said...

Hi, I found your blog looking for things tagged Unicamp at Technorati. I'd like to learn a bit more about your mission, Campus Outreach and how it relates to Unicamp. Hope to hear from you. God bless.