Sunday, July 24, 2005

Good Shepherd


I just got back from my visit to Good Shepherd down in Ocala, Florida, the church where my cousin Jason Shiver is the associate pastor.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone there and the service was great. I was disappointed that it didn't work out for Jason to be there on the same weekend. He was up in north Georgia rafting with some of the young people from the church. Maybe next time.

Part of my hopes with this blog is that the people like the ones I met today can meet me here and pray for us and the ministry in Brazil. I hope that there can be a real exchange, a real deepening of friendships, and a partnership in being ministers of the gospel here in the States and in Brazil.

I head back tomorrow and I still haven't done my final packing. It looks like we are going to partake of the grease tonight at the Huddle House before I come back and stuff everything I can in my suitcase. I also hope to see the final episode of Spielburg's Into the West, which I've enjoyed watching since back. I guess my next post will be in Brazil!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Cant wait to see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.