Thursday, July 28, 2005

cement bobsled

Just a quick email to say that I arrived safely back in Brazil. The flight was uneventful yet full. I made it through to my connecting flights without any problems and all my bags were just as were packed. So... plenty to be thankful for.

The apartment is slowly taking shape. Amy had already done most everything before I arrived (a short-term team of 10 lived in our apartment while we were gone and thus, things were boxed, etc...). The boys seem close to getting their routine back.

Yesterday we went to a park here in town for the boys to run some energy off and to see some of the students involved in the ministry here. At the playground in the park there was what looked to be a cement slide. Braden and Simon saw some Brazilian kids sliding down it sitting on plastic two-liter bottles so they had to try it. They had a big time zooming down the bobsled as Amy and I called it. They were filthy by the time we left. I wished I had taken our camera.

God tremendously blessed our efforts to raise additional funds while back. We went hoping/trusting that $1000 monthly support would be pledged and $1085 was pledged! Thank you all who joined our support team and for those who increased their support and especially those who prayed for us during this time!

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: