Friday, June 02, 2006

be careful what you ask for

Let's just say that the party was a little bit more than I expected. About 45 people more than I expected (I thought maybe 20). About 3 more hours than I expected... 1 a.m. instead of 10 p.m. A lot more headnods than I expected... when I talked about that as a group we wanted to grow in our faith and talk about our faith, the response seemed really positive from the Brazilian students. After the party... that's right, after, half of the American students went to a festa junina and the other half went to a party on the campus. They had fun but the festa wasn't as traditional as normal. I think it was more just a name for the party, a reason to get together.

Today we went to a churrasco with the freshmen chemical engineering students. It was great to meet some more of the students and to "re-see" some we already knew. One interesting thing they did that I had never seen before and which was so "student-ish" was that they bought a lot of french bread. Everytime some meat was ready... sausage, beef, chicken, etc... you just took your bread up to the grill and they served it in your bread. Pretty cool.

No comments: