Friday, January 30, 2009

undefeated

Braden and the Shockers are undefeated so far. This Tuesday they won by one basket. Simon and his Bobcats have yet to win, which they remind their coach (me) every game and practice. They led the entire game last night until one minute remaining when the other team took the lead. With 44 seconds left I called a timeout and designed an inbound pass for my hot shooter (remember this is 6 and under). We got the ball inbounds, my shooter was fouled on the play and made one of two free throws to tie the game. Now with 20+ seconds left the other team drove down and scored the basket. I tried to hustle the team down to get a shot off but the buzzer sounded before we could get the shot off. Simon got the pass and shot (he missed), almost getting it off before time expired. 

No comments: