Wednesday, April 30, 2008

last rush and back

I spent my last few days in Brazil trying to organize everything for the sale of our apartment and car and trying to straighten up any remaining obligations with taxes. My good friend Wellington was a lifesaver. He accompanied me for most of my appointments and helped me to see the right people. And now he continues to help move these things forward with me here.

Obrigado, Wellington!

The flight back was insanity but my fatigue made it a little more bearable. I rode the bus to the Belo airport, then flew to Rio, changed planes and flew to São Paulo, waited on the plane for more to board, flew to Houston, changed planes and flew to Tampa. In Tampa I had a 6-hour layover before flying to Tallahassee. What was I thinking to book this flight? I slept on most of the flights though and almost fell asleep on the floor while I waited in Tampa.

No comments: