Monday, September 18, 2006

lottery coincidences


As many of you may remember last year I wrote my first novel. I didn't have a plan going into the book just a main character in mind, a young man working at a small town newspaper (obviously based on my experience at the Post-Searchlight). In the novel a man named Chason Hemmings "wins" the lottery... a man from White Purchase, GA (based heavily on Bainbridge). The story unfolds as the main character looks into the winnings of the small town city manager.

On September 16th a man named Ben Chason from Bainbridge, GA actually won the lottery. I couldn't believe it win I first heard someone from Bainbridge actually won the lottery and then I about flipped out when I found out his name was Chason. I just hope that the similarities stop there. I can't say why... you'll have to read the book to find out.

No comments: