Friday, July 27, 2007

all wii from here

The Thursday night the Southside group was here we (read they) put on a big event at the theater where the church is meeting. I say they just because I did minimum work for the event, other than have a good time. There was a sportsy theme for the night and the graduates involved in our community invited friends from work for a night of virtual sports. Southside brought in 5 Wiis which were set up with different sports games running. I first lost in baseball. Then tennis. Then boxing. Then I lost in baseball again. Then tennis again. Noticing any themes? I've since made a comeback. We played again last night at our graduate event (thanks to Southside leaving two Wiis behind). Amy and I were unstoppable in tennis. Last night we talked as a group, evaluating the event together with the Brazilians. We talked around ideas about the attractiveness of the event... whether it was a safe place for newcomers. I was most encouraged about the depth of engagement in our small group around the overall vision for our church here. How can it be clearer? What structures and processes need to be put in place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a shame they didn't have joga 3 on the wii... you would have dominated pow.

TigerFamily said...

Jeff...Looking forward to seeing you guys when you get to the states. Martha and I are looking forward to having you up to hang out with us and the boys. See you soon.

Chris Darley
Southside...